Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

SC letters to editor 4/14

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seek2mend

SC letters to editor 4/14 Empty
PostSC letters to editor 4/14

Does anyone have any information regarding Mrs Kinniburgh's claim of a dumpster fee waiver?

I went to our poor excuse for a website and did not see anything.
Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

SC letters to editor 4/14 :: Comments

Re: SC letters to editor 4/14
Post Wed Apr 14, 2010 4:46 pm  tombenoit
What was her claim?
Post Thu Apr 15, 2010 9:57 am  seek2mend
tombenoit wrote:
What was her claim?

In her letter to the SC, Mrs. Kinniburgh wrote that the BOS decided to have the transfer station open to residents to dispose of flood-damaged items. Her gripe is that they allegedly refused to waive the dump permit fee.

When the subject came up at last night's meeting the BOS seemed bewildered by Mrs Kinniburgh's accusation. In fact, Mr Carroll went back through the minutes of the previous meeting and concluded a debate about waiving the fee never even came up. No one could recall a discussion. I surmise Mrs. Kinniburgh got her information either second hand or relied solely on the opinion of one board member as the basis for her scathing letter. Does Mrs K once again have egg on her face? You be the judge.

In the end, the BOS voted to waive the dump permit fee and have Mr Lamoureax inquire as to the cost of a town wide curbside pickup to help .

I was mostly curious about the fee Mrs K claimed was being waived by the Board of Health. The only fee levied by the Board of Health regarding dumpsters that I am aware of is the one for the yearly permit. Is there also a permit fee for a temporary dumpster such as those used during renovations and/or those used by residents for a spring cleaning? If so, I think that would be news to many residents.

FYI: Anyone planning to go to the dump should check with the DPW. I think they still require a permit to prevent misuse by folks from outside of Seekonk. They also are relying on residents to not abuse the privilege.

In other words, PLEASE don't show up with your "Auntie Sally from East Providence" waste, if you get my drift
Evil or Very Mad
mkreyssig
Post Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:20 pm  mkreyssig
How did this work out. I never made it to the dump that day.

I have heard in the past that there is a dumpster fee for temporary dumpsters. I have had multiple temp dumpsters and never gotten a permit for it, so who knows....I doubt we have a dumpster PD around enforcing such things....
Post   Sponsored content

SC letters to editor 4/14

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com