Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

School Committee Meeting 4/16/09

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Dave
Admin
Admin
Dave

School Committee Meeting 4/16/09 Empty
PostSchool Committee Meeting 4/16/09

I have a few notes to post as time allows today but I am curious if anyone watched a portion of the show on cable last night?

The committee is working on an overall multimedia policy and steps were taken over the past week to improve the filming/recording of the meetings.

If any feedback could be provided on the video/sound quality from last night it would be helpful.
Back to top Go down
https://seekonktalks.forumotion.net
Share this post on: reddit

School Committee Meeting 4/16/09 :: Comments

Dave
Re: School Committee Meeting 4/16/09
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:03 am  Dave
Some notes from the meeting;

Working on improving transparency the Superintendent stated that the process has begun to make ALL school contracts available on the district website. The preliminary budget will also be available shortly.

Two grants were awarded. $500 was awarded from the Exxon Mobil Educational Alliance program to the High School's Staff's Helping Students program. $2000 was awarded from Best Buy to the Martin School as a reward for finding creative ways to engage the students from hands on technology. If you have not visited the Martin School webpage I recommend that you check it out, very progressive.

More good news- switching to another electrical service provider will reduce the rate from 12/1 cents KWH to 9.9 cents KWH. That translates into an approximate 18% cost reduction and a savings per year of about $85,000.

I have more info and will post as time allows...
mkreyssig
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:13 am  mkreyssig
You know, the posting of the Teachers Contracts has been great. I have learned quite a lot reading through that. It goes a long way to answer a lot of questions!
Dave
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 2:52 pm  Dave
Not the best layout or access but for now..

http://seekonk.sharpschool.com/cms/one.aspx?portalId=232971&pageId=3253720&date=5%2f4%2f2009&view=day
4/16 School Committee Mtg.
Post Fri Apr 17, 2009 4:50 pm  interestedinseekonk
Dave, I was able to catch a portion of the meeting. There was audio however, I had to turn the volume up very high to actually hear it. I think the board members were not always turning the individual mics on.

I was pleased to see the professional manner of the board and the information provided regarding various subjects (ie. the interviewing and hiring process for the superintendent)

Hats off to all of you for the dedicated time you are putting into making a differnce for our students.

School Committee Meeting 4/16/09

Page 1 of 1