Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Seekonk eyes new trash bag company

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mkreyssig
mkreyssig

Seekonk eyes new trash bag company Empty
PostSeekonk eyes new trash bag company

Sun Chronicle

This article talks about the Selectman looking at either new trash bags or some other alternative. Apprently they are recieving compliants about bags breaking.

While I have never had that issue, I have had problems where I go out in the morning and the garbage bag I palced out the night before (after 9:00 pm like the bi-laws state) have been chewed open by either a local dog, or some wild rodent. While the trash company has never given be any grief over it, I'm sure they do not appreaciate it!

I'm in favor of dumping the bags and going with on of those large trash cans that the company hooks to the truck and dumps in. I'm sure the trade-off for the cost of the bags, vs the intial cost of the the "mini-dumpster" would work in our favor. As would any additional increase to the garbage fee. I can buy a box of gargabe bags for much cheaper than 11 dollars. Not to mention the bags I waste when the one I have put outside has been chewed whide open and I have to use a brand new bag to put my old garbage in...
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~mkreyssig/site/
Share this post on: reddit

Seekonk eyes new trash bag company :: Comments

Re: Seekonk eyes new trash bag company
Post Mon May 18, 2009 2:05 pm  seek2mend
Don't know if it's possible, but I'm in favor of putting the fee on the April ballot each year as a debt exclusion....bags or no bags. Either that or the town does what the Town of Rehoboth does, which is to mandate nothing. The residents either can purchase a sticker and use the transfer station or they can contract for an outside service.

According to a contributor to Rehobothtalk who uses the company that provides the large barrels, he/she pays $66.00 per quarter. Recyclables are picked up every other week.

20 or so years ago, I lived in a town that did exactly what Rehoboth does. When we moved in, a neighbor explained that we needed to call town hall and they had a list of reputable companies that provided the service. Most of the neighborhood used the same one. It was the large barrels that were easily wheeled curbside. We loved it. But I would rather contract my own company than have the town do it for me. The Town Sanitation Enterprise fund and the accompanying law has become a case of "too big to fail". And I think Brady knows it.
terrybohax
Beware Stop and Shop Rt. 6 overcharging for bags
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:12 am  terrybohax
Stop and Shop on Rt. 6 has not adjusted the price in their computerized registers to lower the price of Seekonk trash bags. They are still charging $6.50 for small bags. I brought it to the attention of the cashier and she did nothing. I brought it to the service desk and they gave me the 50 cents back. That's not the point! Fix your pricing!
What's the sense of lowering the cost of bags if they are 'ignoring' it. Who's going to get the extra money collected?
mkreyssig
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 7:45 pm  mkreyssig
Don't they have a policy that if it scans wrong it is free? We should look into that because i'll go buy 10 bags of bags right now!
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 8:29 pm  seek2mend
Maybe it isn't Stop and Shops fault. Maybe someone at town hall dropped the ball and Stop and Shop was unaware of the price change.

I noticed a local business has yet to increase the sales tax. They claim they know nothing about it and really don't seem to believe me. To them I say...Good luck!!! oops2
terrybohax
Post Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm  terrybohax
The young lady at the service desk said they were aware that the price had been lowered. She didn't know why they were still ringing up higher. But she didn't appear to do anything about it except give me the 50 cents overcharge back. So typical...

Seekonk eyes new trash bag company

Page 1 of 1