Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
March 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Town Administrator Announces Retirement

Go down 
AuthorMessage
terrybohax
terrybohax

Town Administrator Announces Retirement Empty
PostTown Administrator Announces Retirement

Source: Patch.com

Town of Seekonk
100 Peck St, Seekonk, MA

During Wednesday's Board of Selectmen meeting, Michael Carroll's contract was not renewed.
By Abigail Crocker |

Town Administrator Michael Carroll will not be staying in his Peck Street office after the summer as his contract was not renewed during the Wednesday, Dec. 15, Board of Selectmen meeting.

"I want to be forthright with the board," Carroll said." I've got things going on in my life with my grandchildren. I was planning to retire before the new contract would begin."

Vice Chairman David Parker asked if he would be staying until his contract ends in June 30. Carroll said he would serve his allotted time and also help with the hiring process to get a new manager in his seat.

"I made a commitment," he said.

According to Parker, Seekonk has employed three to four town administrators within the past decade - but Carroll's leaving is one of the smoothest transitions.

"We'll have the opportunity to come up with a good job description, do an advertisement and hire," he said. "This bodes well for the town."

In a Wednesday morning interview, Carroll said he would like to start up his woodworking and antique restoration business.

"That's the kind of work I'll pick up and broaden," he said.

And because family members live across the country, his retirement will give him the chance to visit them.

Carroll's announcement was the only shake-up in municipal staffing. Melissa Cota was hired as the Department of Public Works new administrative secretary. She was chosen out of over 250 applicants. The young mother coaches Pop Warner and cheer-leading with elementary students.

Board members also approved annual liquor licenses for businesses Brother's Seafood, Tito's Cantina and Chardonnay's Restaurant.

Back to top Go down
Share this post on: reddit

Town Administrator Announces Retirement :: Comments

No Comment.

Page 1 of 1