Schools' Start Times

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
December 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Share | 

Schools' Start Times

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
mkreyssig

PostRe: Schools' Start Times

I suppose that could work if families with two working parents could trust their teenagers to get themselves to the school on time. It would also cut down on the time that they would be home alone after school.

My gut says it will never happen though...lol.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://home.comcast.net/~mkreyssig/site/

Similar topics

-
» do not run browser, when start selenium testing
» start selenium 2 with Internet Explorer.
» Could not start Selenium session: Connection timed out: connect
» Sunday Times apologises to Kate and Gerry McCann over efits false allegation
» How do you take your Neurontin
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Schools' Start Times :: Comments

Re: Schools' Start Times
Post on Mon Feb 02, 2009 4:02 pm  tombenoit
There was a long debate about this a couple of years ago. The proposal back then was to start the HS later and start the elementary earlier. Deb Hoch was the driver behind it and she brought all kinds of 'experts' in saying how High School kids are unable to go to bed early because of their biological clock and they suffered because of it. I, personally, did not buy into it. Of course, I have no more children in the schools. I think this is different in that you are just proposing that the high school start after the elementary.

Those against the change talked about the impact on kids who rely on after school work as well as the fact that, while Seekonk may want to have sports at different time, they must play against all the other schools. Unless they change their schedule as well, Seekonk kids would not have any teams to compete against. You would also face the wrath of all the employee who enjoy getting out earlier in the day.

Bottom line - go for it - and - lots of luck.
Post on Tue Feb 10, 2009 10:59 am  southtownie
I think it would end up causing a hardship for those parents who need to be there to get the kids up and about and ready for school. Getting out late would also interfere with after school activities especially those not put on by Seekonk.
Post   Sponsored content

Schools' Start Times

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum