Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
September 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Share | 

David Saad Accused of Plagiarism

Go down 
AuthorMessage
tombenoit
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostRe: David Saad Accused of Plagiarism

I have not read Mr. Saad's original article. Based on your background Wendy, I will accept your assessment. Did he at least reference the Wall Street Journal article as a source?

I do find the following two quotes interesting in the EastBay article:

In an email from Mr. Saad:
"... For the record, I used the Wall Street Journal and other business publications along with advice from successful business people to develop, what I believe is a realistic and achievable plan to improve economic conditions in Massachusetts. ..."

In an email from Capt. Michael L. Soares, USN(ret) - Mr. Saad's campaign manager:
"... For the record, Mr. Saad used the Wall Street Journal and other business publications along with advice from successful business people to develop, what I believe is a realistic and achievable plan to improve economic conditions in Massachusetts ..."

Back to top Go down
View user profile

Similar topics

-
» Jimmy Savile accused in ITV documentary
» Dr. David Biondi
» Time travel(control) with Dr. David Anderson on Art Bell
» CONGRATULATIONS TO CHICANE, LOL
» Why The Express REALLY moved the 'laughing' pic of the McCanns
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

David Saad Accused of Plagiarism :: Comments

Re: David Saad Accused of Plagiarism
Post on Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:15 am  seek2mend
IMO, this is the politics of dirty tricks. Knowing the crowd that is behind this revelation raises red flags in my mind. And if this was the only misstep made by Mr Saad, I might even defend him.

Since his stint on the planning board was riddled with controversy including but not limited to questionable hiring practices, I have to wonder why this particular issue is making headlines. The top two leaders of our country have been accused of plagiarism and it didn't kill their careers. Although it did help to sink VP Biden's chances of ever being elected president....unfortunately for us.

One good thing did come out of this. I was actually leaning towards voting for Mr Howitt. Now that Mr Saad has reminded me of just how much damage the former selectman did to the reputation of Seekonk and the morale of the police department, there is no way I can vote for Howitt.

Since I believe in term limits and philosophically cannot vote for D'amico, I guess I am stuck with supporting Saad.

I hope Mr Saad will open up and at least try to answer my burning questions regarding the planning board during his service.
If he doesn't, when and if he wins the primary, undoubtedly it will come up.

Post on Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:39 pm  seek2mend
Wendy wrote:
I forget--are we an open primary state? Can anyone vote in a primary, or just those registered for the party having the primary?

Massachusetts is an open primary state.

Since Rep D'amico, Senator Timilty and Governor Patrick are running uncontested in the primary, I see little reason for any resident of Seekonk to vote in the Democratic primary this time. Except if one is concerned about the congressional race, of course. For that one, I think I can wait for the liberal's to thin the herd. But I might change my mind.

Can anyone see a good reason to vote in the Democratic primary?
Post on Sat Aug 28, 2010 8:47 pm  Dave
Well Seek you mention character. As a big contributor to the unmoderated Seekonk Talks you may recall a posting or two from the following user;

DThomas7421

Amazingly that entire site and all of the posts have disappeared...

Post on Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:12 am  seek2mend
Dave wrote:

Amazingly that entire site and all of the posts have disappeared...

I don't know if there is a connection. Unfortunately, the majority of contributors scattered when someone threatened to sue. For months no one was using the un-moderated site, so maybe the owner decided to shut it down for that reason alone. I don't know if there is a way to retrieve it for it's historical content and whether the owner would be willing to do so.
I think Mike at Rehobothtalk could answer that. There was a wealth of information and opinion on both candidates.

I suppose we will have to chalk this one up to "you don't know what you got 'til it's gone".

In fact, if we elect either Howitt or Saad, we may be singing that same song for the next two years.

Any ideas for a viable write in candidate come November?

primary
Post on Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:02 am  seek2mend
Only a couple more days until this very important primary. Since McGovern does not have a primary opponent, I see no reason why anyone would vote in the Democratic race. And since we do have an open primary, I expect the usual shenangans. The Dem's will come out in force and vote for the candidate who they feel is the most vulnerable. Much like the Republicans did in '06 when Healy ran uncontested.

I did finally get a chance to watch the Howitt/Saad debate on channel 9 and even though I am not impressed with either candidates history, I believe Mr Saad presents himself far better than Mr Howitt. One question in particular gave the debate to Mr Saad. I think the question was whether the candidates would be working for the district or for the Republican party. Unless I misunderstood, Mr Howitt insisted he would follow his Republican leadership. Mr Saad said he would be an independent voice for the district. If anyone has watched the debate, I would be interested to know other impressions. Mr Saad appeared confident while Howitt seemed jittery. Remember, the guy who wins this race could very well end up being our representative. I know Mr Howitt and his supporters think the endorsement by former Rep Travis (D) of Rehoboth gives him the advantage. But it didn't work in the '06 general election, so I do not think it will help now.

I have not done much homework regarding the numerous Republican candidates who wish to replace Jim McGovern. The articles in the Sun are not much help. Any thoughts, especially from those who may know more about those candidates?
Post on Mon Sep 13, 2010 10:22 pm  Dave
Seek as a big contributor to the unmoderated Yahoo Talks I am quite surprised that you are willing to over look the behavior that took place from dthomas7421.

Nobody forced the candidate to post disparaging comments that offended many people and I would argue was a key reason that unmoderated went defunct.

I judge a person on their actions. Based on the actions that took place on unmoderated and that blatant plagiarizing of the earlier mentioned letter to the Star, I cannot in good conscience put a person like that in a postion of leadership.

My 2,

D
Post on Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:03 am  seek2mend
Dave,

Today is a p.r.i.m.a.r.y. I am simply voting for the lesser of two evils.

If the un-moderated site was still available, I could reference postings that would support my position and you could do the same. I might change my mind. You might change yours.

I don't know how long you have been involved in the Seekonk political scene. But I suggest you go to the Sun Chronicle archives and read an Oct. 13, 2006 article "debate turns nasty".

As I wrote in a previous posting. The guy who wins today could end up as our representative. I did not vote for Howitt in '06 and I won't be voting for him this time either. How did Saad describe him in the August 28th article "primary turns nasty in Seekonk"? To quote the allegation: "unfit to serve".

All I know is I reluctantly supported D'amico in '06. But now that he has a 4 year record as a tax and spend liberal, I cannot support him. Howitt has a record of a different kind and I cannot support him either. If the race is between Howitt and D'amico, I will not likely vote for either. If the race is Saad vs D'amico, I really don't know what I will do. But make no mistake about it. The run up to the general election will be ugly either way. Twisted Evil
Post on Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:17 pm  Dave
Initial results are 75% of the votes going to Steve Howitt. Very low voter turnout.

David Saad Accused of Plagiarism

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Create a forum on Forumotion | Computers and Internet | Software | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com