Library & Schools fiber network

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Share | 

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
StHilaire

PostLibrary & Schools fiber network

The Seekonk Public Library supports the article to fund a fiber network for both institutions. I did say that we should postpone the article only because I was told the article would not accomplish what needed to be done. I am for moving ahead tonight.

Both the schools and the library have had a fiber network in their technology plans for years. I do believe that the town should have a Technology Advisory Bd as it had in the past. We need people with expertise to help develop future plans as we had with our current technology plans.We have time to study the use of fiber in other town departments that can na also benefit from the infrastructures already in place elsewhere.

The question is why now? The schools infrastructure is failing now. The lease plan will cost our residents little more than .01 per day. At least we would have the beginning of an infrastructure that is in place in many communities already use to provide services to the community.

Sharon St.Hilaire
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Similar topics

-
» unable to connect the IWebdriver app to the local network
» Luigi's Mansion 3DS featuring Nintendo Network
» Nintendo Network Will Connect To EA Origin!
» E3: New Super Mario Bros. 2 features Nintendo Network
» Google Fiber ISP Dari google yang paling Greget
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Library & Schools fiber network :: Comments

Re: Library & Schools fiber network
Post on Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:49 pm  Dave
Case in point: The Seekonk High School portion of the network is down today. Bad weather appears to cause outages in the network and someone now has to climb the hill to the water tower shack to investigate. Good thing it is not raining affraid
Post on Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:41 pm  seek2mend
Dave wrote:
Case in point: The Seekonk High School portion of the network is down today. Bad weather appears to cause outages in the network and someone now has to climb the hill to the water tower shack to investigate. Good thing it is not raining affraid

As long as you get a quorum, I am sure it and everything else, will pass. Good luck!!
Post on Tue Jan 26, 2010 4:37 pm  Dave
That was one long meeting, I am so looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight. Most things did get approved, though the building committee warrant was tabled for more work.

d

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum