Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
December 2018
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Share | 

Use of school facilities

Go down 
AuthorMessage
kc

PostRe: Use of school facilities

Don't feel bad that you can not use the school, the town youth can not use Pleasant Street and North Schools for soccer practice either for the same reasons. I guess it makes more sense to heat empty buildings and have town teams showing up for games without any practices. confused
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Similar topics

-
» Chuggington Back-to-School Sweepstakes *usa only*
» I want to go back to school
» Pupils 'bypassing school internet security'
» How do you go to any website you want at school?
» Back to School with Beverly Hospital
Share this post on: diggdeliciousredditstumbleuponslashdotyahoogooglelive

Use of school facilities :: Comments

Re: Use of school facilities
Post on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:07 am  tombenoit
Are you talking about using the fields for soccer? If so, you should be aware that the school department does not own nor control the fields at Pleasant Street. The School Committee truned over the land to the town at a town meeting about 20 years ago when the town wanted it for the public safety complex. The school department only retained ownership of the building and minimal land around it.
Post on Sat Jan 31, 2009 12:52 am  Dave
Quote :
Don't feel bad that you can not use the school, the town youth can not use Pleasant Street and North Schools for soccer practice either for the same reasons.

After some prodding and negotiations the soccer program will participate in a trial use of the North School gym. At issue was a lack of supervision and security at either Pleasant St. or North. The School Committee and Recreation Board worked with us to come up with a short term solution. Practice should begin next week.
Post on Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:36 am  mkreyssig
hmmm...interesting.

What is the difference between youth soccer using Martin and Aikin fields as apposed to Pleasant and North? The building are closed at all of these locations during these times anyway. I don't see what the difference is.

I also don't see why these leages or the Knights of Columbus just couldn't add an admenity clause into the their agreament with the SD or the town when they use these fields....

Also...for the record. My son played in the YMCA's soccer league over the summer. Every game was held at the pleasant street field.
Post on Mon Feb 02, 2009 12:01 pm  Dave
This was for indoor gym use, not fields. There is some work to be done to make these facilities paid for by our tax dollars Neutral a bit easier to use but the short term fix will get us through the cold part of the season. Very Happy
Post   Sponsored content

Use of school facilities

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Forum create on Forumotion | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com