Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Local reps say no to cash

Go down 
AuthorMessage
seek2mend

Local reps say no to cash Empty
PostSubject: Local reps say no to cash   Local reps say no to cash I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 31, 2009 9:17 am

Today's Sun quotes D'amico: "I voted against it because I just don't see where we have the money".

Yeah! Right!! D'amico voted against it because he sees the writing on the wall. He is a dismal failure as our State Rep. He is part of the problem. Even when you go to his website he still blames Bush for the problems in Massachusetts.

"The breathtaking incompetance of the Bush administration has brought our economy to the brink of collapse."

If that were it in a nutshell, all states would be equal in the misery index. But that is not the case.

After Obama was elected, the majority of contributors to seekonktalk were convinced Gov Patrick would resign and go to work in Washington. I knew that was not part of the plan. The plan is to get as many like-minded governors in place so the Obama Administration could complete the mission of eroding state rights. It' s been a long road, but the stars are now aligning.

There are little glimmers of hope, though. Local state reps are trying to get more civic education and financial literacy into schools. But I fear it may be too little, too late. Is this truly what our citizens want? Do we want to continue to strip away all that makes our state unique? Do the citizens of other states even understand what is happening?
Back to top Go down

Local reps say no to cash
Page 1 of 1