Seekonk Talks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.

HomeGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
SPECIAL TOWN VOTE AUG 31ST!!! VOTE YAY OR NAY FOR THE NORTH FIRE STATION RENOVATION!!!
April 2024
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

How about Brady's rant last night!

Go down 
AuthorMessage
mkreyssig
mkreyssig

How about Brady's rant last night! Empty
PostHow about Brady's rant last night!

For those of you who missed it Dave Parker was discussing the issues and costs related to the mandatory census we have to do every year for the state. I guess he is talking to state officials to find out why we have to incur that cost when we are the only state in the Union that requires it. In short he got a very beurocratic answer.

Mike B. then raised the question of what would happen if we just didn't do it? Then proceeded to go on a very nice rant about how we need to start drawing our lines in the sand when it comes to the state government bending us over.

I almost stood up to cheer the guy on, but figured Mr. Cavaco would give me the evil eye....lol.
Back to top Go down
http://home.comcast.net/~mkreyssig/site/
Share this post on: reddit

How about Brady's rant last night! :: Comments

Re: How about Brady's rant last night!
Post Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:54 pm  seek2mend
Unfortunately, I missed it. It would be great if the meetings were available on line or if the town channel repeated these meetings.

But I think we do need build consensus among neighboring towns and draw a line in the sand.

While we are at it, I want a definitive answer. Do municipalities pay the state gasoline tax or do we receive a waiver? My understanding is the state excise tax for fuel is built into the cost the town pays.

How about Brady's rant last night!

Page 1 of 1