Teachers Contract

Seekonk Talks

This forum is a place to discuss all things Seekonk. We are not affiliated with the Town of Seekonk.
HomeGalleryRegisterLog in
November 2017
SunMonTueWedThuFriSat
CalendarCalendar
Newspapers

Share | 

Teachers Contract

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tombenoit
Senior Moderator
Senior Moderator

PostTeachers Contract

The teachers contract is now posted on the school department's web site as a PDF file.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Similar topics

-
» Lunesta vs Ambien
» My favorite teacher died
Share this post on: Excite BookmarksDiggRedditDel.icio.usGoogleLiveSlashdotNetscapeTechnoratiStumbleUponNewsvineFurlYahooSmarking

Teachers Contract :: Comments

Re: Teachers Contract
Post on Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 pm  tombenoit
The direct link is: Teachers Contract
Post on Fri Mar 27, 2009 4:28 am  Dave
A step in the right direction...
Post on Tue Apr 14, 2009 1:58 pm  mkreyssig
Tom/Dave,

On the pay scale on pages 48 to 50 what do the B+15 B+30 etc symbols stand for?

Also....I am doing the math here. I thought we approved a 3.5% increase per year for the next three years. I'm only showing that from 08 to 09 it was about a 2.2% increase? Where did that other 1.3% go?
Teacher's Contract
Post on Tue Apr 14, 2009 2:46 pm  4Kids
I will speak to the B+15, B+30. That means that they have a Bachelors Degree plus 15 years of experience, Bachelors plus 30 years of work experience.

Hope that helps!
Post on Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:02 pm  mkreyssig
That's what I thought it would mean, but how would a B+15 or an M+15 only be at a step one?
Post on Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:58 pm  tombenoit
Actually, the B+15, B+30, M+15, etc stands for Bachelors (B) or Masters (M) + a number of credits. That addresses folks who may have a Bachelors degree (or Masters) and have taken additional course work - but not specifically geared to getting a degree. Some people (my wife was one) took specific and targeted courses but did not want to be restricted to a Masters or Doctoral track. For example, typically as Masters degree is 30 credits but they must be specific courses.

I will have to look up the tables and do the math. I am not sure about year 1 (2008-2009) - but - as I recall, the issue in future years is that this was a 'split' raise and there was a pay raise in September and another one on day 92. I had done a spreadsheet at the time showing that the impact over the three years was actually greater this way. The total pay on the W2 turns out to be about the same - but - the annual salary winds up being higher. This is all setting up for an interesting problem for the next negotiation and does have an impact on retirement.

You should also remember that a specific individual would also see much more of an increase. With the exception of teachers at the top step, they not only get the year to year increase, but also move to the next step. So a 1st year teacher would have started year 1 at 37,345 - but they would not start year two at 38,092 (2%) but as a 2nd year teacher at 40,990 (9.76%).

Those at the top step would instead get the longevity bonus from pages 29/30 of the document.
Post   Sponsored content

Teachers Contract

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Seekonk Talks :: Local Seekonk Topics-
Jump to:  

Free forum | © phpBB | Free forum support | Contact | Report an abuse | Free forum